Monday, December 22, 2008

another place for Christmas

December 22, 2008

you know how I mentioned a farm in my last email... well, that's where I'm at now. in a town called Berrigan, a few hours north of Melbourne. it wasn't an easy decision, but I've left Newcastle.

I'm living with a family - Simon, Anita and their two daughters, Tillia (15) and Mia (9). At their home they have horses, chickens, ducks, geese, dogs, cats, a talking cockatoo, a guinea pig, and guinea fowls. Their farm consists of cattle, sheep and crops (barley, wheat, oats, canola, lupines, and triticale). I will be spending Christmas with them and then heading to their beach house for a couple of weeks. We will be back on the farm by mid-Jan and I will most likely get work as a fruit picker. A slight change from living on the beach. I'm not sure how long I will be here... maybe one month, maybe three...
then off to somewhere new, i suppose

wishing you a merry Christmas!

love,
julie





No comments: