Friday, October 24, 2008

after the long weekend

October 8, 2008

well, i had so much fun in Sydney! i drove down with a girl named Nerida who lives in Newcastle, but is from Sydney. we toured the city in the rain and cold, rode the ferry, checked out the opera house, enjoyed an amazing Latin festival and then church and a jazz festival the following day. i was just blown away... so stoked and really felt God's love through it all.

now I'm back in Newcastle. I spent a couple days at a hostel and am currently staying with one of the girls here until I can find a place... that's right. I'm praying about settling in Newcastle... so we'll see what happens. I'm scared and excited and just trying to figure out how to trust God with everything. I would like to have things sorted out before my b-day on Tuesday, but who knows. I wish things were easier sometimes, but we learn so much in the process, don't we? :)

to God:
This life is a journey of chosing you and walking by faith. Loving you, loving others with the love you have lavished on us, and being used by you only when we recognize that it's all about you to begin with and what a blessing it is to be yours.

julie





No comments: