Saturday, November 29, 2008

and the story continues...

i hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving.
i sure did, even though i didn't do anything special. it was just a nice, peaceful, rainy day.
i'm moving into a new place today with my friend Renee in Merewether (another suburb in Newcastle).
the job search continues... so let me explain what i'm up against. Newcastle is definitely one of the harder places to get work in Australia. there is a large university and not much tourism. most places prefer to hire locals and i don't have too much experience in hospitality (waitressing and what not). also, my visa doesn't allow me to work more than 6 months at a job, even though i'm able to stay for a year. however, i know i could work harder at being more persistent and following up better. i met someone at church today who does a lot of temp work and she said she would talk to her temp agency for me. so that's encouraging. anyway, i will let you know what happens...
i still feel this is where i'd like to be, even though it's not easy at the moment.
please keep me in your prayers.

love,
julie

No comments: