Monday, November 3, 2008

peace and love - remembering Radar

As you know, a couple years ago I was traveling around Central America. My first stop in July of 2006 was El Paredon, Guatemala, a small little fishing village where I helped at a locally-run surf camp for a couple of months. At the time, it was mostly run by two young boys, ages 17 and 19. Well... the oldest one, Radar, who would now be 21, just passed away on Saturday due to a surf related accident. You may remember me sharing with you through my email updates about a dangerous heart condition he had, so I was surprised to hear his death was not related to that. Please keep his family and friends in your prayers at this time. They will be holding a memorial service for him at the end of November. He was such a leader and really looked up to amongst his group of friends and younger siblings; a beautiful person who will be dearly missed. (in the first picture, Radar is the one on the far left)





No comments: