Thursday, November 13, 2008

job? surf and skinny lattes

I know it's been a little while since an update, but there hasn't been too much to say...
still looking for work
hanging out with people
surfing
going to coffee shops
running around the hills and beaches

It has been quite a test of endurance. I've had some good, some bad days and am learning through it all. I got a bike, so that's nice. I have a lock on my bedroom door now, after some not-so-fun experiences, so I feel a bit safer while I sleep. Praise God I will be moving out soon and living with a girl from Christian Surfers. Regarding job stuff, I'm thinking hospitality is the way to go... given my visa only allows me to work up to 6 months per job and there just aren't too many jobs here. So I've been getting a lot of experience with job interviews, job trials, and passing out resumes. I guess if I'm considering being a career counselor someday in the very distant future, this will all be a good experience. Right? :) Ahh, well everything can be used for good. Even if I'm just learning endurance. I'm still glad to be here and getting to know some nice people. I've been surfing heaps, but not as much as I would like... so I run to keep my sanity. And this weekend I will be going on an all-girls camping trip organized by Christian Surfers. So I will get to meet more people from around the coast of New South Wales. Can't wait!

Hope all is well. Enjoy the pics!

Love,
Julie





1 comment:

mynameiscas said...

how was the camping trip this weekend julie?