Thursday, November 20, 2008

camping and what else...

Wow! I cannot believe how fast a week can go by!
As I was riding my bike home today, I had to stop and admire the clouds, colors, and surf. It was so breathtaking. God is so breathtaking. I enjoyed the moment of peace and pinched myself that I'm actually in Australia. I had a challenging, but good camp experience. We went to a beach called Bulli, near Wollongong and there were about 25 of us. It was challenging because I was analyzing my life too much, but good because I got to surf and meet some cool chicks.

On Monday, I worked at the university as a medical model... first-year med students poked at my stomach for their exams, pretending I was their patient. So for 5 hours, I had about 30 students one-by-one perform the same procedure on my liver, kidneys, and another part of my stomach. On Tuesday, I did a catering trial for a high school graduation formal. They were giving out awards to students, such as "teacher's pet" and "most likely to be the first to get married." However, there were some strange ones, like "the Figjam award" (an acronym for "F*ck I'm good; just ask me," which is a nickname for people who have a high opinion of themselves), "most likely to get plastic surgery," "least likely to get an award," and "most likely to get naked" (where of course... the guy had to start taking off his clothes, while everyone laughed). My arms were dead after 4 hours of serving platters and plates and clearing tables for hundreds of people! I'm surprised I only dropped a few pieces of silverware (although one was on a guys nice suit - "sorry"). I never realized how hard it is to serve gourmet food while you're starving.

I have another job trial next week at a pub... can you see me as a bartender? ha ha
maybe one of these days I will get some work. ;)

Julie

p.s. I learned the hard way not to ever order a milk shake, unless you are in the mood for flavored milk. My bad, I guess what I meant was "I would like a thick shake." I threw my drink away without even bothering to complain.





No comments: